Sunday, November 1, 2009

Joshua Update




Here is the latest scoop on Joshua! He is now 8.5 months old and is a BIG little guy. He's starting to grow out of some of his 12-month size clothes already, mostly in girth and length of torso, not height or length of legs! His feet are also BIG, and too wide and thick for size 3 shoes, but too short for size 4 shoes. But, that is okay! We won't have to worry about losing any shoes for awhile since he doesn't wear any! (I've heard babies are notorious for kicking them off in stores!)

I absolutely LOVE that he's so big! I love his kissable cheeks, rolley-polley thighs, and adorable dimples! Carrying him around has been a great workout for me! My arms feel stronger than ever! I think the only sad part for me is that he's already a toddler, and his babyhood seemed to race by! *Sigh* I suppose that is how it goes for every baby!

His size has also given him an advantage with strength and motor skills. He is already a very fast crawler, has been rough housing with toys for months, and is walking around with only one hand hanging on things for support. I think he's fully capable of walking without support, but he doesn't know it yet! I've seen him stand up and walka few steps without holding on to something before, but it was as if he didn't notice! He was so engrossed in playing that he just did it without thinking, but as soon as he noticed that he wasn't holding on to anything, he immediately reached for support.

Other fun news is that Joshua is saying a few words now! He's said "Dah-dy" and "Dowg" in context and with passion! He mostly grunts and shrieks and rambles right now, however, and has a long way to go before he's ready to really "talk". He does mimics Luke sometimes, saying the sounds and voice inflections; for example, Luke says, "Hel-lo!" so Joshua says, "eh-woh" in the same tone and inflection. It is pretty cute when he does it, but won't do it for anyone but Daddy at the moment.

Joshua hasn't really shown interest in baby food. He likes nursing. Period. He makes faces and gags and spits other food out usually. This past weekend, he did better than ever for Grandma and Grandpa, eating lots of peaches and things, but this was abnormal for him! I don't mind so much. Nursing is really easy and gratifying. I figure he'll take to baby food when he's ready. I'm excited at the prospect, so I've already made some homemade baby food and frozen it!

Other than that, Joshua likes to flirt with everyone. He is very dramatic and loves attention! He likes to be kissed, hugged, held, and read to. He also plays favorites with Mommy & Daddy. If he is hurt, he wants Daddy. If he is hungry, he wants Mommy. If he wants to play, he goes for Daddy. If he wants to sit in someone's lap, he goes to Mommy. He likes to snuggle with both of us, though! We like "family snuggles" a lot in our house!

Praise God for a healthy, happy, little boy!

2 comments:

Steve O said...

You should enter that top picture in a contest :) I think you'd stand an excellent shot of winning! Keep up the good work momma Anderson :P

Anonymous said...

Joshua is a cutie pie! He is so big! Already "walking" is quite impressive. I love big babies too. Julia wasn't much of a chunk, but Hannah is leaning that way. And I love it!