Monday, February 23, 2009

Welcome Joshua!



Welcome Joshua Michael Anderson, the newest member of the Anderson Clan!

This is a little late as far as posts go, but I've been "adjusting" to life with our little bundle of joy, and only now have time to blog!

Joshua was born February 14th, 2009 at 5:35 AM! He was 7 pounds 5.9 onces, 20 inches long, and 14.5 centimeter head. Joshua was the best Valentine's gift we've ever gotten... God is so amazing, isn't He?

About The Name: Luke and I had his name picked out since we were engaged. Joshua is one of our favorite Biblical characters. Michael is Luke's father's first name, and is Joshua's middle name in honor of him. This is a tradition in Luke's family. If we ever have another boy, he'll have my father's first name as a middle name.

Oh, and as for those who "placed their bets" about Joshua's weight, Sarah Windham and Vineet were the closest without going over, both guessing 7.5 ounces... so you two win! Your Prize: Virtual High Five! Congrats!

The story? Well, it was like a marathon! Labor lasted 26 hours. They tried to induce me 11 hours before that (unsuccessfully mind you), so we were stuck in the hospital for 37 hours total before he came out, but only 26 of them were real labor with strong contractions. This means we didn't get much sleep or food during this timeframe. Only by Christ's strength and grace were we sustained during this time!

Our midwife was amazing, and Joshua only took 35 minutes to push out. The great news is that I didn't need a C-Section, nor an epidural! I didn't even tear! Praise God! I was given a pain killer after 6 hours straight of hard contractions that were about 0-4 seconds apart and 100-120 seconds long (these were documented on the machine the hooked me up to... I thought they were joking!) I couldn't stay on top of them, so they gave me something that acted like "Beyer for a Migraine" (just took the edge off and spaced the contractions out a bit more). That really helped and made the remaining 6-8 hours of labor bearable (I don't remember the exact timeframe.)

Anyway, I survived and am feeling fine! Joshua is doing so well! He's grown so much and has nice pudgy baby cheeks! Oh so cute! Thanks to everyone who prayed for us, gave us baby things, and who have provided us with meals! We couldn't have survived the last week without you!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Hi Holly. I've been following your blog for a while; I'm Holly Boston too and I live in the UK. Congratulations on Joshua, he is beautiful. Holly

Sarah said...

Wow, what a labor! I'm not sure what I would have done if Julia's went that long!! And I'm praying that I don't find out this time around either. ;)

So happy to hear that you and Joshua are adjusting well to your new lives together. Mamahood is amazing and crazy all at the same time. But it's something that is absolutely priceless.