Thursday, February 12, 2009

Baby Update: Inducing Tonight!


We are 41 weeks pregnant (1 week overdue) today! As you can see, I'm HUGE (for me!) We went to the midwife today as well, and had an exciting 2.5 hours of testing (hint of sarcasm here). They had great news for us, and some interesting (less than great... sorta good?) news. From the "Non-Stress Test", where they strapped all sorts of monitors to my stomach, they found out that Joshua is still healthy and happy in there! He's moving normally, and is as spunky as ever (he likes to kick people that push on the tummy!) This was great news! We then went in for an ultrasound and found that he weighs approximately 8 pounds right now! That was great news as well, since I'm measuring small. The less good news is that my fluid levels are low. As many of you know, low fluid levels mean painful births for moms. That is why they've decided to induce me tonight at 5pm. Basically, they're going to use a ring shaped device to help me dilate (no drugs or hormones involved), and then break my water sometime tomorrow morning if labor doesn't get started tonight. Our little Joshua will be out sometime tomorrow probably if all goes well. We would love prayer for:
  1. The whole process to run smoothly
  2. God's provision and protection during the whole time
  3. That I'll turn to Christ for strength during the painful and scary times (I'm a little nervous, I must admit!)
  4. My health and Joshua's health during and after labor/delivery
We'll be sure to post pictures after he's born! Can't wait to introduce him to you! Thanks for your prayers!

1 comment:

JACKIE said...

We will be praying for you guys (mommy, daddy and baby)! Similar story to Joy's--measuring small, low fluids, but they used a different method of induction. So excited for God to play through Joshua's birth story! 8 pound baby that's great. And you look great!