Saturday, January 17, 2009

Place Your Bets!


Okay, so I'm not condoning gambling, but I am promoting a friendly guessing game! The winner has the satisfaction of being RIGHT! What's the bet?

"How much will Baby Anderson weigh when he's born?"

Why are we betting on this you ask? Well, we had an ultrasound a few days ago because I was measuring small (pubic bone to top of the uterus), and it ends up that our little bundle of joy weighs 6 pounds 7 ounces already! We've got two and a half weeks to go! The ultrasound tech said he's pretty big considering my size, and bet he'd be 7 pounds 2 ounces when he was born. Luke decided later that he thinks the baby will be more like 7 pounds 8 ounces... and so the betting began! Now it is just fun!

Here are all the facts, so you can better make your guess:
1) It's a boy.
2) It's our first child.
3) He's due February 5th.
4) He weighed approx. 6 pounds 7 ounces on January 16th.
5) Luke was born a week and a half early and weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces. He has a large frame.
6) I was born two days late and weighed 7 pounds 2 ounces. I have a small frame.
7) I was not dilated on January 16th, and haven't had any contractions since then.
8) See picture above for my size, though I'm measuring small because I'm a "small person".

I think that about covers all the questions you may have. Closest without going over wins! Remember, there are 16 oz in a pound. PLACE YOUR BETS!

So far:

Luke: 7 lbs 8 oz
Holly: 7 lbs 2 oz (wishful thinking?)

4 comments:

JACKIE said...

Holy cow you look great! Yay! Yay Baby Anderson!
PS My birthday is the 7th--maybe we'll share a b-day.

Anonymous said...

i would guess 6lb 8oz

fyi... i have yet to find someone who had an ultrasound and the tech declare the weight and have it be right on... i had the same thing with both of my kids. the one with belle was the day before i went into labor. they said she was 7.5lbs, she was born the next day and she was 5lbs 12 oz. and with johnny i asked them what they based it on (because it was so off with Belle) and the tech said they had a 2lb margin of error both ways... so i would take what they said the little guy weighed with a margin of error! :)
~L

Anonymous said...

7.3 and he will arrive after the due date.

-ws

Sarah said...

I agree with Leah on them not being always right. They told me Julia was going to be 5 pounds at best. She was 8 pounds. Yikes!

But, if both you and Luke were "bigger" babies, I'd guess Baby A will be right around 7.5.